Thursday 13 May 2010

Final thoughts and what next?

Now that NaPoWriMo is over for another year, it's time for reflection. I enjoyed the challenge of creating 30 poems in 30 days, and although I didn't follow each readwritepoem.org prompt the day it was posted, I did write at least one poem on most days during the month, and ended up with probably 20 workable poems that I am relatively happy with, and 30 piece overall. It's 20 more than I had in April, and there were some interesting and fun prompts. I particularly liked the song titles prompt and the idea of the cleve poem. I also found myself re-introduced to the 'found poem', something I've enjoyed creating / finding in the past.

I've now given some thought as to the future of this blog. Originally, I only planned to use it as somewhere to share and collect my NaPoWriMo poems, but I've found it useful to have this forum available to me. Therefore, I have decided to keep this blog open, and hopefully post fairly regularly, on poetry-related subjects, thoughts, prompts and even actual poems.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment