Monday 1 April 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013

It's back! National Poetry Writing Month is here, with the challenge to write a poem a day (or at the very least, 30 poems in 30 days) during the month of April. Using the prompt provided by www.napowrimo.net, of beginning with the first line of an existing poem, and using a line given by my loving husband, I offer below my contribution to NaPoWriMo Day 1:

I Wandered


‘I wandered lonely as a cloud’,
So the poet says.
I stand and watch
Those fluffy wheels
Travel across the morning sky.
A pale light guides them,
And I do not see
Loneliness,
But travelling companions,
A flock of ariel sheep,
Grazing upon light blue grass.
I smile at their journey,
Content to be on the side-lines,
Not needing to search for golden treasure
Or fields of daffodils.


Tune in tomorrow for Day 2's challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment