Sunday 18 April 2010

NaPoWriMo Day 8

Today's quote: "Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." ~Robert Frost

Today's prompt: Unusual love connections

Todays's Poem:

An unusual love

It must be love, I think,
I even love your hair,
So different from my usual type,
Long, dark and wavy,
Instead of short, neat and conventional.
Tied back in a pony-tail,
Black elastic stopping it escaping,
Your hair has a life of it own,
Matching my own wild curls.
Softer than it looks,
I stroke your hair as you fall sleep,
Falling loosely around your face,
Transforming you into someone else,
Younger and more relaxed.
I am unable to imagine your hair
Any other way, or want to change it,
Not even to match my usual taste,
And so, it must be love, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment